fredag 9 april 2010

Best Movies of 2009

2009 was a great year for cinema and I saw a lot of amazing films that year. These are the the best.



1. Inglourious Basterds
Tarantino's best film since Pulp Fiction is filled with gruesome violence, long(and I mean LONG) dialouges and humour. In fact I think this is his funniest movie to date and it has one of the best endings to any movie in history. Just wow! I can't recommend it enough. And yes, Christoph Waltz is awesome.


2. A Serious Man
If you didn't like the open ending to No Country For Old Men, you aren't gonna like this movie. There's a lot of symbolism in this movie, but it's also really funny and the acting is superb. The Coens' are the masters of dark humour and this one is a great example. I find it hard to explain why this movie is so great so I'll just say: See it!


3. District 9
This is one of the most original sci-fi movies ever made. It starts as a documentary and then becomes a thriller and in the end it's an action movie. The lead actor Sharlto Copley is outstanding and should have gotten an academy award nomination. Director/Writer Neill Blomkamp has shown what an amazing filmmaker he is and I can't wait for his next film.

4. Fantastic Mr. Fox
I love this movie! From beginning to end it's a feast to the eyes and ears with great stop-motion animation, great voice-acting and a great soundtrack. It's a film for Wes Anderson fans, otherwise I don't think you'll appreciate the humour and style of the film. Either way it's a masterpiece in animation.

5. The Wrestler
Even though it's really from 2008 I consider it a 2009 movie, since I saw it that year. Mickey Rourke fucking rules! He gives the best performance of his life and one of the greatest performances I have ever seen in a movie. We feel for his character and we hope that he will find happiness in the end. It's a shame he was robbed of the Oscar by Sean "look at me I played a gay politician, award me"Penn.

6. Watchmen
The best superhero-movie I have ever seen. The visuals and the soundtrack is what makes the movie for me. The acting is sometimes great, sometimes not, but it works. The good thing about this movie is that it takes itself seriously. These are real people with real problems. And about the violence. Well, let's just say it's not something you'd see in a Spiderman-movie.

7. Avatar
Ooh! Aah! Whoa! That's all I can say.






8. Drag Me To Hell
Probably the funniest horror-movie of the deacade. It's nice that Sam Raimi went back to his roots after the Spiderman-trilogy and made something that both made me jump out of my seat and laugh my ass of.



9. Star Trek
I haven't seen the old series or any of the other Star Trek movies, but I still understood this movie, thankfully, and it's a real visual masterpiece. The opening of the movie is just amazing, cause it both shows you the origin of captain Kirk and a bad ass fight in space! The acting is great and the music is brilliant. The only problem I had with the movie is that the villain Nero(played by Eric Bana) isn't in the movie that much, which is a shame cause I thought he was great. Otherwise, a fantastic movie.

10. The Hangover
The best comedy of the year. From start to finish this movie keeps you laughing your ass off. Plus it's a great mystery movie about three guys trying to find their friend and remember what the hell happened last night.




I can only hope that 2010 will be as good as 2009 for movies.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar